Sacred Heart School had a humble beginning in September of 1913. At the request of Father John B. Holland, the Sisters of Saint Joseph came to Sacred Heart parish to do church work and begin preparations for a school. Until the school could be built, the children were taught in the dining room of the convent. Starting with 33 students in grade one, the Sisters added a new grade each year. Sacred Heart High School was opened in 1923. The high school closed in 1992 due to declining enrollment.